The Prime Rib Restaurant & Wine Cellar offers a fine but casual dining experience to patrons in Gillette, Wyoming, and surrounding areas. Founded in 1983 by Ed & Phyllis Vanscoy, The Prime Rib is currently owned and operated by Ken Barkey. Ken was the manager since 1983 and bought the restaurant from Ed & Phyllis in 1991. After an extensive renovation in 2008 that added a state of the art 10,000 bottle wine cellar and private meeting & dining space the property became The Prime Rib Restaurant & Wine Cellar. We have a large comprehensive menu that provides guests with something from "old school" chicken fried steak to signature aged steaks, chicken dishes, pastas, fresh fish and our specialty, the slow roasted tasty and tender prime rib as well as an extensive dessert list.
As an upscale yet casual restaurant, The Prime Rib provides top-quality wines from all over the world. Bottles are kept in a state-of-the-art, glass-enclosed wine cellar located in the center of the 10,000 square-foot restaurant. There is a great variety of wines starting at under $20 per bottle. Wines are also available "to go" at retail prices.
Most of all we hang our hat on our people. We take pride that many of our staff has been here 10 plus years with many at over 20 years of service. We value our staff as our greatest asset because they take care of our customers and they do it well.
Our belief in the saying that: "good food does not survive bad service" is a staple in our philosophy that has enabled us to thrive in all economies since 1983. Please join us and let us serve you.
Ken Barkey & Wyoming’s Best Staff
Order Our Signature Dressing
Our customers have come to love our Honey Almond Vinaigrette! Order a 25 ounce bottle for $8.99. Simply give us a call at 307.682.2944 to place your order today!
Gillette's Prime Rib Restaurant is a proud recipient of the following awards:
- - Multi year winner of Wine Spectator Magazine's "Best of" Award of Excellence
- - Wine Spectators Best of Award of Excellence - since 2007
- - American Express "My Favorite Restaurant" Award
- - 1997 Epicurean Plate Award
- - 1992 "Beef Backer Award" Award
- - 1996 "Where the Locals Eat Best Steaks" Award
- - Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence - since 2012
- - 2003 Elite Dinings "Neighborhood Favorites" Award
- - Wine Spectators Award of Excellence - since 1992
- - Gillette Chamber of Commerce 2009 Entrepreneur of the Year
- - City of Gillette Landscape Excellence Award - 2013
- - Gillette Chamber of Commerce 2013 award of Excellence